Monday, August 19, 2013

The Swing Series

Around three weeks ago, my brother, mother, grandmother, grandfather, and I attempted to fly to Brazil. We fly standby so it took us a couple of days to actually get on the plane. After five consecutive trips to the airport, we finally made it. Our trip was long and our first stop not only consisted of taking a plane, but two buses and one family van. I'll talk more about our first "family stop" at Poços de Caldas, MG in another post...

Our second stop was at the house of my great-grandmother in Nova Resende, MG. It's a very small town where everyone basically knows everyone. I spent many childhood memories visiting my great-grandparents and their cozy home. My great-grandma lost her great love a couple of years ago, but still lives in the same house (although, she no longer sleeps in their marital bed- not without him). She's ninety-three-years-old with many grandchildren, a couple of great grandchildren and more recently a great-great grandson! I think it's awesome. She's lived and experienced so much and continues to be a sweet, sweet lady. She's definitely one of my role models. 

In this family home, there are frequent family visitors, so one of grandma's brothers recently placed a swing on the property. I absolutely fell in LOVE with this swing. I fell in love with it so much that I wanted to constantly take pictures of people on it. I decided to come up with The Swing Series. I told everyone to come out next to the swing and do whatever they wanted with it. They could sit, they could stand, they could dance- anything. Here are some of the best shots...




FROM LRTB: THE swing, my momma, me, Danny, My great-grandma Francisca, my grandma's sister (great aunt?) Maria Ercilia, my adorable grandma Irene, and my handsome grandpa Niercides.

There are so many more pictures from this home and with this amazing family that I want to share, but for now The Swing Series will do. 


love.always.
Fabiane





1 comment: