Friday, August 30, 2013

The Swing House & More



Nova Resende is a wonderful place filled with family, memories, delicious food, and love. Here you will see glimpses of what it looks like at and near the Swing House. You will also see amazing people. These were taken in a span of three days, I believe. I'll guide you through...

This is my great grandma and Tio Silvio.
He's the one who picked us up (13 suitcases!!), housed us for the weekend in Poços, and drove us to Nova Resende. 

My great grandma. Francisca.
True beauty inside and out.
She has tons of Psalms memorized and recites them every night. 

He thinks he's a model. He happens to be an excellent photographer. *post coming soon

Grandpa. A man of few words. A man with a beautiful voice. He currently loves to sleep. 

A bit overexposed but the details are lovely. The backyard.

In the backyard. It looks like a shed but it was really dark when I walked inside. I liked the flowers. & the ladder.

Bananas!

I really like flowers.

My dear grandma. It was as if she was a child again, climbing trees and picking fruit--pure joy.

Oh, to be full of life but have the wonder and excitement of a child! An ambition of mine...

Looks like an orange tree, right? Nope. Sweet Lime.

Glorious Sunset.

This is one of my favorite books. I bought it for Danny--he was hooked!
We had to tell him to stop swinging and reading at the same time, though.

She's so lovely.

No drying machine here!

No dish washer here!

"Let's make sweet lime treats!"- Grandma
This process took three days!

But it did involve quality time. 

And LOTS of work.

mmm,

My grandma says that it's always nice when a kitchen sink has a divider.
That way, one person can wash and another person can rinse while having a delightful conversation.
It's the same thing when preparing the sweet lime treats.
They were there for a while. You can see for yourself.
How many sweet limes are in that bucket?

A charmer.

If they could, they would buy milkshakes every day. Danny is a sweetheart and paid for both of them. 

The boy on the right is the son of the lady that helps around the house. He's eight, but very mature and full of responsibilities.

My dear Maria Luzia. I miss her so much.

Again, both model and charmer. 

We had to soak the sweet lime for three whole days. Well, I didn't do anything but take the picture. 

This was taken by Maria Luzia. I believe this was the first picture she took with my camera. 

I really like flowers.

My great-grandpa's brother. Agenor. We went to his house to celebrate his 97th birthday!
He's a very happy, funny man, filled with joy and love.

My grandma and her uncle. He kept telling her to sit next to him.

Sweet, sweet man. 

Agenor's daughter. My grandma & grandpa. 

Maria Luzia also took this picture.

Agenor and his wife a little while ago. 

My sweet girl.

The view of the town a couple of streets away from the swing house.

Sweet lime treats are ready!  I didn't have any but my grandma said it was delicious.

Kicked him out of the bed. Go get some sun, Mr.
:)

Nice driveway perfect for jump roping, running around, biking, dancing, exercising, and so much more.

The kids really enjoyed playing with Danny's beyblades  on this porch. 

He'll sneak right back into bed if we don't keep close watch.
;)
The backyard, again. Or farmland Narnia. You pick. 

I can't even describe to you all the amazing meals we ate in this kitchen.

There's that swing again!

I love this home. 







*Bonus* More Swing Series pictures!




Hanging somewhere in this house (I can't remember where!) is a quote:
"As grandes caminhadas começam com os pequenos passos"
translated:
"Great journeys begin with small steps"

Being at the swing house and spending quality time with my family inspired me to take the step to share my pictures and create this blog. 
I'm so thankful for the swing house and all that it holds and represents & I'm thankful that because of it, I took a small step.

Cheers to the journeys of this wonderful life. 


love. always.

Fabiane 


No comments:

Post a Comment