Thursday, September 5, 2013

"Danny's Work"

He asked me to use that title. Danny's work.

When we were in Brazil, I was taking lots and lots of pictures. Maria Luzia asked me to use my camera and I was excited that she was interested so I let her shoot away. However, my mom brought it to my attention that my brother, Danny, got upset because I never, ever let him touch my camera. 
Busted. She was right.

I decided I would let him take a couple of pictures, and he did. They were pretty random and I don't think I even kept the first few. However, I took a couple of pictures of him (on The Swing!) and he begged if he could take some of me. 

Now, it is rare that I enjoy being in front of the camera. I much rather be behind it. It's more comfortable for me. But, I did let my brother take a few shots of me and I was so impressed with him. The only thing I did was set up the exposure. Everything else is Danny's work. He picked his own angles, he told me how to pose, he was enthusiastic and it was actually really fun. We bonded in a way I never even imagined we could and it was so cool. He asked me if he could be my future wedding photographer and that's when I knew he was getting a little carried away, but we had a blast nonetheless.

 Here are a couple of shots that I took of him and he took of me. I wouldn't normally blast the blog with pictures of just me, but Danny impressed me and these are his non-edited images! 


"PLEASE, Fabz, let me take some of you now!"






I just love this swing!


I was really cold. I had a long sleeve shirt, a sweatshirt, and a scarf. Brazil gets cold too!




"Alright, now take one of me like this..."

"Get me jumping over this"

I was inside the kitchen and all of a sudden I hear, "Fabz, hurry up come outside"
He was posed this way and asked me to take a picture.
He's not like me at all---he loves being in front of the camera.



He annoys me on the daily, but cracks me up every once in a while ;)
I love you, Danny.


I was able to sort of re-learn a lot by being in front of the camera. I re-learned how important it is for you to be comfortable with your photographer and how having a relaxed relationship and environment is essential. I was so comfortable with Danny that I was able to genuinely laugh and have fun & he was able to capture my true emotions. It is my ambition to be that kind of photographer---someone you can be comfortable with and trust to capture true emotions. 

If any ladies, couples, or families want to do a fun, relaxed shoot, please feel free to email me at fabianemello@live.com. It will be my pleasure to capture your love, your joy, your life.  

 :) 


love. always.

Fabiane


1 comment:

  1. So cute!! He's such a character!! I can imagine him saying every word you wrote.
    Nice pictures! You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete