Monday, September 9, 2013

Francisca

My great-grandma is so sweet. As I have mentioned, she is 93 years old, but she really doesn't act like it. Well, I don't really know how a 93-year-old is supposed to act, but she seems so much younger to me. She's been through serious medical issues but does not stay in bed all day or mope around. She's pretty active and does many things on her own. She has help around the house, but she's still very independent. She's beautiful. Strong. Loves God, loves others-- a true example. 

Here are some pictures of the lovely Dona Chica.

She puts her shoes to get some sun, organizes her scarf drawer, takes a shower on her own and so much more!

hand on face---this is her favorite pose

see?   :)

gma--g.gma--ma

<3

She loves scarves.

First Generation...

Second...

Third...

Fourth  --- we get darker each generation  ;)

My great grandma and her daughters.

Sister Sister

Four years ago she gave me a glass tea-cup as a gift. This year she gave me a mirror, "so I can put on lipstick"

I'm more of a EOS lip balm kind of girl, but the mirror is my constant reminder of my beautiful, strong great-grandma. I hope to reflect all the values she has instilled in our family and always learn from and abide by her wonderful example.


love. always.

Fabiane

No comments:

Post a Comment